An Open Letter to our Monticello Opera House Friends and Family:
As this is the time of year for gratitude and celebration, we wanted to express our deepest appreciation to you, our valued supporters, for all you do to keep the Opera House growing year after year. We have made progress in so many areas, and we celebrate with you and because of you, as you have made it happen.
From increased ticket sales (close to 1,000 for our most recent show The Hunchback of Notre Dame) to facilities improvements (like new lettering and signage for our exterior doors) to extraordinary recognition (MOH was recently voted Best of Tallahassee 2019 in the Entertainment Venue Category by the readers of Tallahassee Magazine), we have much to be proud of.
Our success brings with it challenges, however, and with the ever increasing usage of our beautiful old building, we very much need to make major repairs to keep our patrons safe and comfortable.
Our hydronic heating system, which has been greatly improved above ground, has been leaking water underground for many years, worsening recently to the point of debilitating the system. And our electrical system, particularly in the upstairs theater, is woefully inadequate for modern stage lighting and sound needs, and even unsafe in places. This is especially challenging as we strive to improve the quality of our shows technically and otherwise.
Would you consider a tax-deductible year-end donation to help us repair and remedy these systems? Your generous gift will allow Monticello Opera House to continue to provide outstanding performing arts programming, and build on our facilities and show successes of recent years.
Our goal for this Critical Facilities Needs Campaign is $25,000, which is approximately what is required for replacing the network of old-fashioned black piping with new, hot water tolerant copper pipe; and for re-wiring the upstairs theater to eliminate safety hazards and increase electrical capacity and availability.
Please consider what the Opera House has meant to you, your family, the community and region, and give as much as you can-no amount is too small. You may donate by mail, by calling our office at 850-997-4242, or by clicking the "Donate" button below.
Thank you again for your support of the Opera House at this crucial time.
Monticello Opera House
COMING UP NEXT! Little Women: The Musical
DIRECTED BY Naomi Rose-Mock
JANUARY 10th - 19th, 2020
Based on Louisa May Alcott's life, Little Women follows the adventures of sisters, Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy March. Jo is trying to sell her stories for publication, but the publishers are not interested – her friend, Professor Bhaer, tells her that she has to do better and write more from herself. Begrudgingly taking this advice, Jo weaves the story of herself and her sisters and their experience growing up in Civil War America.
Little Women embodies the complete theatrical experience, guaranteeing a night filled with laughter, tears and a lifting of the spirit. Little Women features plenty of great opportunities for female actors and singers ranging in age from teenage to 60 years old. The show also has a flexible cast size that can include as few as ten or as many as 42 people! The powerful score soars with the sounds of personal discovery, heartache and hope – the sounds of a young America finding its voice.
Tickets are on-sale NOW! Don't miss this classic tale, brought to life at the Monticello Opera House!
Season Ticket Holders Show Reservation Instructions
Greetings Valued Monticello Opera House Members and
Season Ticket Holders!
Here are some instructions for making show reservations online using your Season Tickets, and for our MOH Members, information regarding redeeming your benefits as well.
FOR OUR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
To Make Show Reservations Using Your Season Tickets:
- Go to the MOH website www.MonticelloOperaHouse.org and click on "Buy Tickets" as you normally would if you were buying your show tickets.
- Select the day/time that you want to attend, then select your seats.
- When you get to the payment page, scroll down and click on the "REDEEM BENEFITS" button. That will take you to a membership verification page where you will enter your email address or Patron ID Number and your last name
- Follow the prompts after that, and call the office at 850/997-4242 if you have any trouble. Here is a video from our Vendini ticketing system that may be helpful:
FOR OUR MEMBERS
- For our valued Members who purchased or renewed their memberships before July 1, 2019, you may be eligible for discounted show tickets purchased through our office only. Please call at 850/997-4242 for more information.
- For our valued members who purchased or renewed their memberships on or after July 1, 2019, we are no longer offering discounted show tickets as part of the benefits package for our Members. Next year, consider purchasing Season Tickets which offer greater discounts than our previous Member show tickets. Call 850/997-4242 for more information.
Thank you for your patronage and we'll see you at the show!
Next Up....Little Women!
Also mark your calendars for the new season's shows from our Resident Theater Companies:
The Opera House Stage Company presents its MURDER MYSTERY DINNER THEATER Shows for 2019-2020!
Murder at Cafe Noir - September 6-28, 2019
The Spring Show - April 17-May 9, 2020
Monticello Acting & Dance Co. presents its Annual Children's Show for Summer 2020!
SHREK, JR. - June 17-20, 2020